Medical Records Guidelines
Medical Records Section provides a medical history of the patient’s treatment in the hospital. It also functions as the custodian of documents or evidence of confinement such as care or treatments received, test results and diagnoses usually vital to private and insurance companies.
Documents may be claimed at Medical Records section:
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Confinement (if patient is still admitted)
- Clinical Abstract/Discharge Summary
- Death Certificate
- Laboratory Result (CTC)
- Medical Certificate (if the patient is discharged)
- Medico-legal Certificate
Requirements when securing Medical Records document:
- Authorization letter of the patient (when sending a representative)
- Valid ID of the patient
- Valid ID of the representative
- Fill out the Information for Medical Records (IMR) form.
- Submit the filled-out Information for Medical Records (IMR) form to the Medical Records Section together with other needed requirements for processing.
Note: You may request via phone, fax or e-mail. However, you still have to secure all the requirements needed before the prepared records from Medical Records Section are released.